Great profile by New York Times on pioneering business models that make it possible to generate signals from the noise of public filings.
My own take-aways from the profile:
- Broader movement of info svcs & analytics biz models cropping up to take advantage of movement toward open-government data
- President Obama’s recent executive order
- DATA Act working its way thru US Congress
- The messy ‘back-end’ work is a huge part of the value proposition to the user/client
- Really difficult to add value just through technology…Domain (industry) expertise is so valuable. Big winners likely to be the co’s that tackle this on a vertical by vertical basis.